Caffeinated Sugar Monkey

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Updates

1. The job situation: I've accepted a position at Pima Community College and will be leaving UA in January. I'm excited, nervous, and a little bummed to be leaving some good co-workers and friends behind. On the plus side, however, I will no longer have to pay for parking, something that has been an annoyance to me ever since I started working at UA.

Also, even though I totally failed in my efforts to negotiate my salary (me: I more than meet the requirements for the position, blah, blah, education, blah, experience...can we discuss the salary range? Them: "No") I'll be making a bit more than I was at UA and will be able to meet my goal of having the first two digits of my salary exceed my age for a few more years.

2. The grad school situation: The thesis has been given to the committee and I am currently looking at scheduling the defense for some where in mid-January. You'll know when it is successfully finished for there shall be loud celebrations across the land...or at least maybe some sort of party.

3. The lotion shilling situation: They have me scheduled for 25 hours next week (yikes) so a bit of mall fatigue is setting in but the time goes by fast and I am still, for the most part, enjoying it. The people watching this time of year can not be beat. On that note, I'd like to give a special shout out to the guy who came into the store today in a ripped "Budweiser babes" muscle shirt, black high tops, and acid washed cut-off shorts with a *large* hole in the back pocket. Thank you, sir, for teaching us all a valuable lesson--underwear is optional when wearing denim, even if it is only in the high 60's outside.

4. The 30 in 30 thing: For those of you keeping track (uhh, so mostly to me, I guess) I am running a day or two behind but still feeling optimistic. I don't feel radically healthier yet, but I do feel somewhat virtuous, which is always fun.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home