Caffeinated Sugar Monkey

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I'm a runner

Yep. I'm declaring myself a runner. I ran two miles last night. In a row. Without stopping. Or puking (though the thought did cross my mind toward the end there).

I'm pretty excited about it. Running does not come easily to me. I'm not exactly built for it (there are distressingly few world class runners with boobies as big as mine*), I'm not exactly good at it and I've never, ever been fast. I ran my two miles at about a 13.5 minute pace. I think the fact running is so unnatural for me makes me enjoy any success I have in it even more. I know I'll never win a race or be especially good at it, but I can work really hard and I can train and I can be better than I have any business being. That is enough for me.


* I'm totally not bragging about the size of my boobies, by the way. They are more a pain than a source of pride. If I ever have insurance that would cover it, I'd seriously consider a reduction.

2 Comments:

  • Congrats!!! I have recently decided to train for a half-marathon and I am the least athletic person in the world. A mutual friend of mine and Kelly's laughed at me, twice, when she heard my plans. So we can encourage each other in our running endeavors. 2 miles is about all I can do at this point as well. I've got until September to get up to 13.1.

    By Blogger Jo, at 9:02 AM  

  • Bravo! I want to join you!

    By Blogger kel, at 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home