Caffeinated Sugar Monkey

Friday, June 02, 2006

Funny

Confession time: I don't really like the movie Animal House very much.

I realize that this isn't the most shocking confession of all time but as a person who prides herself on having a pretty decent sense of humor, I kind of feel like I should like that movie more than I do. It is a classic after all and I know some people completely love it. I was watching a special on Bravo the other night that proclaimed Animal House as the funniest movie of all time and I just had to shrug, because I remember laughing a few times while watching it but it certainly doesn't crack my top ten of funny movies*.

So, how about you? What is your favorite funny movie? What is an allegedly funny movie that you just don't get or like?


* The top ten would include (in no particular order): Airplane!, Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs, Dodgeball, 40-year old Virgin, Rat Race, Ocean's 11 (George Clooney version), and at least one Monty Python (maybe Holy Grail?)

9 Comments:

  • say it wth me:

    life.

    of.

    brian.


    and -- the big lebowski.

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:46 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger kel, at 5:24 PM  

  • Okay, so that mysterious comment deleted above was from me. I deleted it because I didn't read your post closely enough. Reading directions, such a pain!

    Two movies I did NOT think were sooo funny:
    Meet the Parents. Yes, I know, I'm crazy.
    Most Adam Sandler movies. Yes, yes, I know.
    Say Anything. Or was that just supposed to be romantic? Anyway, I didn't think it was either.

    By Blogger kel, at 5:34 PM  

  • Yes, I realize that I listed three movies under the two movie category. Chalk it up to jet lag, please. I was briefly a math teacher. Can you see why it didn't stick?

    By Blogger kel, at 5:35 PM  

  • My Top Five: (in no particular order) Tommy Boy, So I Married an Axe Murderer, Along Came Polly ("I just sharted."), Wedding Singer and Dumb and Dumber.

    On the not funny front, personally, I never found Schindler's List to be that funny, but I guess that's just me.

    By Blogger Sars, at 6:47 PM  

  • I forgot Old School. "Earmuffs."
    I looooovvvvve Vince Vaughn!!!

    By Blogger Sars, at 8:00 PM  

  • I may have to remove Rat Race. I just watched it again last weekend and it doesn't hold up quite as well as I remembered.

    I will second the Vince Vaughn love and hope that it will hold through when I go see The Break-Up this weekend.

    By Blogger Mrs.Robinson, at 10:30 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Jo, at 8:16 PM  

  • Mine (in no particular order and subject to change with my mood as evidenced by the fact that I changed my mind as soon as I posted this originally and had to delete it and start again):

    1. Office Space
    2. Waking Ned Devine
    3. Best In Show/A Mighty Wind/Waiting for Guffman
    4. Maverick
    5. Elf
    6. Groundhog Day
    7. School of Rock
    8. Ocean’s Eleven
    9. Funny Farm
    10.Vince Vaughn

    And my mother's:

    1. Funny Farm
    2. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
    3. Mrs. Doubtfire
    4. National Lampoon’s Vacation
    5. Planes, Trains, & Automobiles
    6. Waking Ned Devine
    7. Father of the Bride
    8. Fun with Dick & Jane
    9. Best In Show
    10. The Out-of-Towners

    By Blogger Jo, at 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home