Caffeinated Sugar Monkey

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Pervy

I am seriously in love with my iPod. Really. I know it is partly the thrill of a new toy but I think I could be hooked. I've been adding songs for over an hour and I am quickly discovering that I have kind of pervy tastes in music. Actually, most of my musical preferences are pretty darn vanilla, but when it comes to adding songs to work out to--I take a turn to the graphic.

exhibit A: "How Do You Want It?" by Tupac. A whole song devoted to negotiating the ideal sexual position...how considerate of him. I used to listen to this song all of the time when I was in college and I had a crazed rap fan for a roommate. There was always something that made me laugh about listening to Tupac's greatest hits before heading off to New Testament Theology. Time has not lessened my enjoyment of this song.

exhibit B: "Slow Jamz" by Kanye West. I can not help myself and my love for this song. Any song that can rhyme " Luther Vandross" and "pants off" is a little bit of perfection in my book.

Even my cool down and warm up songs are kind of pervy, though more of them are in the classy pervy genre. Is that an actual genre? If it isn't, it certainly should be. Classy pervy is just as pervy as regular pervy, it just calls for the use of phrases like "make love" and "get it on" instead of the briskly efficient "fuck" and the ever so slightly more subtle "do it" found in regular pervy songs.

Hmm. Maybe I should warn the husband about the pervyness. He may begin to wonder why I want to molest him as soon as I get home from the gym.

1 Comments:

  • i TOLD you the darn thing was addictive! heh. welcome to the ipod worshippers club.

    By Blogger Chris, at 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home