Caffeinated Sugar Monkey

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Dairy Queen

Oh my. I think I have an issue. Please look at the following things I've eaten this weekend...tell me, do you see a theme here?

Thursday night: Two cheese grilled cheese sandwhich on sourdough (so yummy)
Friday night: Chicken tortilla soup garnised with shredded chedder (does it count as a garnish if you use 3/4 of a cup?)
Saturday snack: Tuscan Valley cheese ball spread on chips (said cheeseball is 99.9% cream cheese and .1% spices. It goes without saying that it is freaking delicious). This cheeseball is followed by a Key Lime dessert cheeseball.
Saturday supper: Cheese pizza.

It is now Sunday morning and what am I considering for breakfast....why, a cheese omlet of course.

Maybe I wouldn't feel as concerned about all of this if I used love fat cheese, but I firmly believe that low fat, or even worse non-fat, cheese is an abomination. It makes the little tiny baby Jesus cry.

I'm trying to justify this cheese eating ramage in the following two ways: 1. At least its not sugar and 2. I'm Dutch and this is, therefore, an important way of celebrating my culture. Maybe if I eat enough my meager Dutch speaking skills will come back...

Oh look...it works... Ik houd van kaas! Kaas, kaas, kaas...

3 Comments:

  • Wendy, I've been remiss in my commenting and have been meaning to tell you all sorts of witty and enlightening comments regarding your recent posts. I can make no excuse except that your writing skills so shame mine that I'm too intimidated to even comment on your posts. I LOVED the purse entry and was flabbergasted at your creativity. I totally saw life from Blythe's skewed perspective. Thanks for sharing. Also, I have often trembled at the notion of keeping track of what I eat in a day, although I think my entry would be the all-carbohydrate-and-sugar-with-an-occasional-slice-of-salami diet. Mmmm, salami. Thanks for keeping me entertained.

    By Blogger Sars, at 6:45 PM  

  • Oh, and I do love kaas. A lot. In fact, cheese is one of the unifying themes in Kel and my friendship, especially since she doesn't like salami.

    By Blogger Sars, at 6:47 PM  

  • Yes, but Sarah, we never did have that "Dress-As-Your-Favorite-Cheese Party" that we talked about. We should totally do that. And Wendy, you are of course invited.

    By Blogger Jo, at 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home