Caffeinated Sugar Monkey

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Happy birthday little blog!

My blog turned 1 year old yesterday...yay little blog!

I went back and read my first month or so of blog postings and it was interesting. Some things have changed since October 2005 and some things are depressingly the same. I wrote about wanting to redeem myself from a terrible sugar and caffeine habit and, well, I'm still a sugar and Diet Coke junkie. Maybe worse than before. I know that I weight exactly the same as I did then, despite 365 days of thinking about wanting to weigh less.

I wrote about wanting to have a baby but struggling with the timing...and tonight I took my bc pill and a women's vitamin loaded with folic acid, so I'm thinking that means that I'm still basically in the same place. I want a baby but the timing isn't right yet so I both try to prevent it from happening while trying to prepare my body for it. Some times this makes me feel a little depressed.

Let's see, what else...Mr. Monkey is still a runner man and I still like hearing him call me "wife". I did finish grad school, so all those whiny and petulant entries about my thesis did amount to something. I also changed my job, so there was some progress there too. I don't shill lotion anymore, but I'm still trying to work an extra job to save money for a house (please feel free to take this as a shameless plug for www.tastefullysimple.com ....go visit, you'll love the beer bread). We still live in our little rental house but that looks like it might change in the next six months, so that's good news.

I wrote 69 posts this first year, which amounts to a fairly respectable post every 5 days. This is the one thing I beat my husband on this year. Woo!

1 Comments:

  • Happy belated birthday, little CSM. You bring sunshine, albeit jittery over-stimulated sunshine, into our lives every time you post. Keep it up.

    By Blogger Sars, at 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home