Caffeinated Sugar Monkey

Monday, February 26, 2007

The Last 10 Songs on My iPod

God bless the shuffle function on the iPod...it really helps me understand the depths of my crappy taste in music. Behold, the last 10 songs played:

10. Baby Got Back. Nope, not the Sir-Mix-A-Lot version. Ever heard Baby Got Back sung ballad style by a white computer nerd? No? Then you, my friend, are missing out. Check out Jonathan Coulton's version as soon as possible.
9. Seasons of Love from the Rent soundtrack. Okay, actually I don't really think this is that embarrassing. Moving on.
8. America by Neil Diamond. Hee.
7. Why Can't This Be Love by Van Halen. Actually, this song is pretty awesome. It makes me want to put my hair in a side pony tail and dance in acid washed jeans.
6. Not Ready to Make Nice by the Dixie Chicks. Love it. Nothing to be ashamed of here.
5. So Yesterday by Hillary Duff. Oh, there's that sense of shame I was looking for. I have no excuse for this one. This song contains the lyric "If the light is off, than it isn't on" and yet I paid 99 cents to put it on my iPod. Yes, I am 28 years old. Why do you ask?
4. Fanfare for the Common Man by Aaron Copeland. Not sure how this got on there. I pressed the next button after about a minute. I listed to the whole Hillary Duff song, but Copeland I fast forward through. I'm going to music hell, aren't I?
3. Money Maker by Ludacris. Heh. I will shake what my momma gave me. I'll shake it indeed.
2. 40 by U2. I love Bono and the boys. Love, love, love. That's a good sign, right? My taste can't be that bad if I like U2, right? Right?
1. A New Day Has Come by, oh the embarrassment, Celine Dion. Did I listen to the entire thing? Oh yes, yes indeedy. Did I maybe sing along, maybe just a little? Um, yeah I did.

Okay, now that I've shared my shame I'm off to go figure out which New Kids song to add to the iPod. Its a toss up between Right Stuff, I'll Be Loving You Forever and Step by Step. Thankfully I have the NKOTB Greatest Hits CD so maybe I can add more than one.

3 Comments:

  • Hi Wendy! Did you happen to get that version of Baby Got Back from Kelly?

    By Blogger Jo, at 2:47 PM  

  • Yes, I sure did. She introduced me and my life has been better for it.

    By Blogger Mrs.Robinson, at 7:50 AM  

  • Well, she actually got it from me. And I got it from Jon. Jon got it from his friend Matt who included it as a hidden track on a CD mix he made for us when we went to Florida last August. I think Matt would be pleased to know that it ended up here on your blog, spent quite a while as the featured song on my MySpace, and even made the playlist at Kristy and Christa's wedemony this past December.

    By Blogger Jo, at 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home