Caffeinated Sugar Monkey

Monday, January 08, 2007

My resolutions

I think I must be an optimist. Every year I make New Years Resolutions and every year I break them and then the very next year I make them again. For a long time I made and broke the same resolutions over and over (lose weight, exercise more, get out of debt) but not this year. No sir. I am making brand new, totally attainable resolutions. I'm not aiming to do anything life changing or inspiring or impressive. Nope. I'm making piddly small baby resolutions that no one will notice but me.

1. Finish bottle of vitamins.
I've never been good about remembering to take vitamins and I've thrown away more bottles of expired vitamins than I'd like to admit. But no longer! New leaf being turned over here. I bought a bottle of women's one a day about six months ago that had 100 vitamins in it. I'm giving myself a year to finish it. I'm no math major but I think I can through 100 in a year.

2. Eat better chocolate.
I've come to terms with the fact that I have a massive sweet tooth and I've embraced the fact that I will never give up eating chocolate. Never ever ever. I have decided, however, to stop eating crappy chocolate. It cheapens the chocolate experience and doesn't really satisfy the chocolate urge. So, no more shall a piece of Palmer's chocolate or chocolate that has started to get crumbly pass these lips. Cadbury:yes. Ghiradelli:yes. Godiva: oh hell yes. Hershey's: maybe, if it is dark and fresh.

3. Get up the courage to tell Mr. Monkey's boys that I love them.
I'm afraid they'll think I'm weird or won't say it back. Clearly some bucking up on my part is required.

4. Go dancing with Mr. Monkey
We dance a lot in our house. A lot, especially when Law and Order is on and we can groove to the theme song. We've danced at weddings but we've never gone out dancing. I wanna dance*

Any one else have any resolutions?



*and all the old school Whitney Houston fans added "with some body who loves me".

1 Comments:

  • Odd as it may sound, I surfed to this page by googling "no more crappy chocolate." I'm thinking of putting out a website dedicated to reviewing quality chocolate. At the moment I recommend Lindt Excellence 70% Chocolate .

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home