Caffeinated Sugar Monkey

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Lost week

Oh Lordy...was I ever sick last week...ugh...my stomach clenches just thinking about it.

It all started at about 2am last week Saturday night. I was innocently sleeping, minding my own business, when I started dreaming that I was queasy. I woke up to discover that, ta da!, my dreams were coming true (lucky me) and I was quite queasy in real life. I alerted Mr. Monkey who promptly, let it be said that there are benefits to being married to someone with childern, hopped out of bed and got the bowl (does every family have a designated puking recpticale?) and tended to me for the rest of the night. The rest of the night included a stint sleeping on the cool, healing tiles of the bathroom floor, *a lot* of throwing up, and some unfortunate incidents of what we in the Robinson house of euphemism call "the bad poops". It was awful for all involved.

I ended up being sick all week which is so weird for me. I went to work once and I've never missed that much work in a row before. I didn't accomplish anything, at all. I didn't do anything at home, I didn't do anything at work, nada. I have a slightly over active Protestant work ethic so this is a little unsettling for me. I feel like I lost a week and I have nothing to show for it, other than the fact that I weigh 7 pounds less than I did a week ago.

I'm better now and looking forward to going back to work next week and am really looking forward to my regular Monday afternoon walk with Miss Kelly. I really need to process my feelings on the whole Britney shaving her head thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home