Caffeinated Sugar Monkey

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Racer monkey

July 1st.

The date has been set for my return to the world of competitive athletics.

July 1st, 6am

I got a call last night from a friend (also our realtor, who is great if anyone needs to buy or sell a home in the desert) asking me to do the swimming leg of a triathlon relay. I'll swim, our realtor will bike and his brother will run. It should be fun, though I don't know how competitive a team we will be. I checked out the times for the swims for last years meet and it looks like I should be able to swim faster than just over half of the women who swam last year, but who knows what the times will look like this year. I'm just going to swim my heart out and hope I don't come in last of all the relay swimmers.

I'm nervous (a little) and excited. I like to race.

1 Comments:

  • go mrs. robinson!!! shall i get going on those signs? on writing up inspiring chants? (-;

    By Blogger Chris, at 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home