Caffeinated Sugar Monkey

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Love and Hate

It was beautiful here yesterday. We had a bit of a monsoons preview...there was wind and lightening and a general blusteryness. We didn't get much rain, but at least we got reminded that the rain is coming. Love. I love dark skies and clean, crackling air. I love rain and thunder and lightening.

What I hate is people (a few in my office who won't be named) who say stupid things like "I hate rain." or "I hope it doesn't rain". We live in the freaking desert here people--we need all the rain we can get, whenever we get it. I just do not understand people rooting against rain when we get like 900 days without rain every year.

If the gnomes who control the weather are, by any small chance, reading this blog I would like to say: ignore them. We love rain here. We want a bellywasher of a storm whenever you are ready to start the monsoons. I would love to see the river by my house filled with actual water.

I would also like to announce a new rule, effective immediately. You do not get to complain about the heat during an Arizona summer if you also insist on complaining about the possibility of rain. Anyone violating this rule will get poked repeatedly with a stick until the weather breaks...or November, which ever comes first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home