Caffeinated Sugar Monkey

Saturday, March 18, 2006

A weekend without a plan

Ahhh...such a beautiful thing. I have no plans for this weekend. No commitments, no birthday parties, no essential errands to run, no big house cleaning to do (sure, the house could use some cleaning but we have the boys this weekend and I firmly believe that cleaning the house while it is full of teenage boys is an exercise in total futility).

I started this weekend by sleeping in until 10:15am and it is now 1pm and I am still wearing my pajamas and fuzzy robe. The teeth-not brushed. The shower-avoided. The hair- uncombed.

I don't really have a to do list for this weekend, so given that I am required to have a least one list going at all times (seriously, bad things will happen if I don't have a list. World spinning off its axis kind of bad things), I think I'll make a want to do list.

1. Play tennis with husband and/or stepson
2. Have some coffee and writing time away from the house. I haven't been fun writing in awhile and I feel something brewing in my mind but I need so time and some practice to get it out.
3. Bake a cake, from scratch for step son #1's birthday
4. Finish my book- Teacher Man by Frank McCort- before my book club meets next week.
5. Go see a cheap movie

It is a full list but I think I can do it, though I fear that I will in fact have to shower at some point this weekend. I'm tough though, I can take it.

1 Comments:

  • oooo! writing! do tell, dear sister-girl -- whatcha' working on??

    cheap movies -- yum. we must go to another together soon. maybe with boys. maybe without.

    By Blogger Chris, at 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home