Caffeinated Sugar Monkey

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Spotted: the world's biggest dork

The day: Friday, Sept. 21

The time: early evening

The scene: A no longer newly wedded monkey girl wandering around her house in her wedding dress.

Really, it was all I could do not to go out for the mail and to pick up some groceries in it.

Here's the thing- I love my wedding dress. I think it was so lovely and I felt genuinely pretty in it. It cost a pretty penny too, which is why I am now struggling to figure out what to do with it. Get is preserved at a cost of a couple hundred bucks so that someday a daughter I might have might wear it? Give it to Goodwill? Make crafts out if it? No kidding about the last thing. There are directions on-line for how to turn your wedding dress into everything from a quilt to a baptism dress to a Christmas tree skirt.

Any suggestions? I hate that it is just hanging in a closet but I can't quite make myself make a decision about it. Sad, I know.

1 Comments:

  • it's not at all sad. i completely understand where you're coming from... it seems like a silly waste having it hang around in a closet, but of course you can't just get rid of it...

    if it were me, i'd have it made into a quilt/spread of some sort for our bed. that way it's being used in a lovely way, and still covering your gorgeous body. (-;

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home