Caffeinated Sugar Monkey

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Happy Birthday Mr. Monkey!

In just a few short hours the love of my life is turning 45 (which seems weird to me since I pretty regularly forget that he is, well, a smidge older than I am). I'm pretty sure that I am more excited about his birthday than he is, mostly because I feel that I have kicked ass in the present department and am really, really looking forward to giving him one gift in particular. The gift itself isn't especially expensive or anything--I just suspect he'll like it a lot and I am proud of myself for thinking of it. I love giving good gift.

So, in honor of my beloved's birthday, a brief list to highlight some of the many, many things I love about this man:

1. The way he smells. I pretty regularly sniff him (which is why I get asked pretty regularly "why is your face in my armpit?") and I can't get enough.

2. The way he dances to the Law and Order theme song

3. The fact that he puts up with my need to sleep with at least 3, if not 4, pillows at night. It is true that he frequently steals and hides my pillows when I am not looking, but he eventually gives them back.

4. He is such a good kisser

5. He takes good care of himself and is quite the runner guy. I'm proud of the fact that he runs 7 miles a night and comes home as the worlds most sweaty man.

6. Did I mention the kissing? Really, the boy has some skills.

7. He writes me poems that make me want to cry...they are that good.

8. He is, I think, one of the smartest people I've ever met.

9. He asks really, really good questions

10. He has the best legs I've ever seen.

Sigh. I'm a lucky monkey.

Happy Birthday baby!

1 Comments:

  • ok, this is The Cutest Post Ever.

    he is cool, isn't he? (-; lucky you, monkey-girl.

    By Blogger Chris, at 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home